Buying a home can be one of your most significant investments in life. Not only are you choosing your dwelling place, and the place in which you will bring up your family, you are most likely investing a large portion of your assets into this venture. The more prepared you are at the outset, the less overwhelming and chaotic the buying process will be. I’ve sat down with hundreds of families over the years and educated them on the ins and outs of buying a home, and I’m just a phone call or email away from helping you, too!
Give me a call and we can set up a time to talk about:
- The benefits of owning your home, including appreciation potential, income tax savings, stable monthly housing costs, forced savings, freedom and individuality, and more space.
- Important things to avoid before buying a home, including not moving money around, the effect of changing jobs, and not making major purchases.
- Comparable sales and your offer price, including determining your offer price, comparable sales in the multiple listing service, pending transactions, and other factors that influence your offer price.
- Major factors that influence your offer price, including how property conditions affect your offer, how home improvements affect your offer, how market conditions affect your offer, and how seller motivations affect your offer.
- The basics of purchasing real estate, including contingencies in an offer, earnest money deposit, closing fees, and transfer of possession.
- Safeguards regarding the property, including seller disclosures, condition of the property upon transfer, inspections, and final walk-through.
- How financing details affect your offer, including down payment, interest rates, closing costs, seller concessions, seller financing, and cash offers.
- How FHA and VA financing affects your offer, including extra seller costs, FHA and VA appraisals, and extra loan costs.
- Selecting service providers, including lenders, title companies, and inspectors.
It’s a complicated road, but it’s one I’ve helped over 1,000 families travel safely and efficiently. Let me know how I can help you.